Level 2, Professional Hair Designer
Maquia began her career as a professional hair stylist out of pure passion and purpose. At a young age Maquia could be found styling the tresses of friends and family. It wasn’t until she obtained her Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and was faced with the ultimate decision of which path to follow, that she followed her true passion of becoming a hair stylist.
Without turning back Maquia decided to refine her raw talent at Paul Mitchell the School Michigan. There she graduated on Dean’s List with honors in Cut, Color, and Texture. At Paul Mitchell the School she discovered that she not only had a passion for styling the everyday woman but fell in love with special event and editorial styling. This revelation provided her with many styling opportunities with in the industry to work behind the scenes for fashion shows, hair shows, dance competitions, charity events, and much more.
Maquia’s love for health and beauty, gives her a unique perspective to hair styling. Her first priority for hair styling is maintaining the integrity of the hair, while educating each guest on how to take care of their hair at home to achieve their personal hair goal.
Maquia is able to provide quality service to her guests by continuing her education to keep up with trends and discover the most healthful ways to serve her guest.
Continuing Education courses:
• Elegant Upstyle s- Martin Parson
• Haircutting and Upstyles – Albe Baron and Melissa Jaqua
• Tv and Film Hairstyling 101 – Takisha Sturdivant- Drew
• Time Saving Weave – Janel Sealy Smith
• Rock the Cut Ride the Wave (Short Cut and Styling) – Denise Michelle
• Essential to Haircutting – Mike Helm
• Men’s Cutting Techniques – Jason Reyes
• Perfect Your Face Makeup – Nachera Brown
• Design Essential Loc and Twists – Damian Knight
• Beauty Bootcamp – Kim Kimble
• Introduction to Trichology – Dr. Barrett
• Block Color Class – Brooke Evans
• Balayage Techniques – Stephanie Moss